DYWICH are hiring! Do you want to be part of a team connecting employers with young people and working with partners to make this happen? Our DYW School Coordinator role may be just right for you
5 July 2023
DYW School Coordinator
Developing the Young Workforce Inverness and Central Highland are hiring!
Contract: 3.5 full time equivalent posts available from 17.5hrs to 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,116 full time – 35 hours per week ( part time pro-rated) school term time with salary paid over 12 months of the year
Do you want to be part of a team connecting employers with young people and working with partners to make this happen? Our DYW School Coordinator role may be just right for you
If you would like your working day to include activities like:
- Planning and co-creating employability, enterprise and wider curriculum learning opportunities with employers, educators and partners
- Identifying employer activities and events to support young people in school to prepare for the world of work
- Networking with the business community
- Making things happen for young people
And some of the day to day expectations that comes with this….
- Reporting on activities and progress
- Keeping up to date with labour market changes
- Collaborating and flying solo
- Leading and being part of regular meetings
If you are:
- Passionate about helping young people to be informed, inspired and hired
- Organised, enjoy planning, creative and innovative
- A great communicator, networker and influencer
- A collaborator, strategic thinker and doer
We would love to hear from you
We have a number of fixed term roles available from now, currently funded to 31st March 2024, with a view to extending contracts on a yearly basis pending funding from Scottish Government. You will be based in one of the 14 local authority secondary schools within the Inverness and Central Highland area, but will work to support delivery across the area as required.
The role is classed as “regulated work” A protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) membership is required (application to the scheme is made by us upon conditional offer of the post)
How to apply:
Application by e-mail to email@example.com including your CV and a short covering letter (maximum 1000 words) which outlines why you would like to be a schools coordinator, why you think you are suitable for the post and how your experience matches the person specification.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th August and initial interviews are likely to be in the week of 14th August.